Following this list, I conclude that I have found 4 of those series very good (Honey & Clover I and II, Hataraki Man and Nodame II), I found 3 of them good (ParaKiss, Moyashimon and Eden of the East), I dropped 4 of them (Nodame I, Ayakashi, Hakaba Kitarou, Toshokan Sensou and Genji) and the rest were never touched due to lack of interest beforehand. I foresee Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 will end up being one of the good series, making it 4 series in each of my ‚categories‘. Thus, following my statistics, noitaminA series are now rather a hit or miss for me, unlike 2 years ago when I was eagerly awaiting the newest series in the time slot.
In comparison to that, Noise has more to offer for me: I have started reading the manga of Aoi Hana which has a lot of nice yuri subtexts between the main characters and even some real yuri pairings including kissing action and a dose of realism.
The best of the rest:
- Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: A must see of course.
- Spice and Wolf II: I liked the first season.
- Hetalia Axis Powers II: Continuations of shows that I am already watching are always high in my priority list.
- Bakemonogatari: I admit that I have might have wrongly judged Natsu no Arashi (dropped after 30 seconds of horrible CG, that is), but somehow Bakemonogatari feels like a mix of SZS stylishness and Maria+Holic which sounds intriguing
- Kanamemo: 4-koma made anime are always worth a look. Always.
- GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class: Uh… a Hidamari Sketch wannabe. All slice of life series featuring art school people will feel like that to me, but I’ll give it a chance if time permits.
- Sora no Manimani: The manga is one of the over 600 titles that I’ve been meaning to read… one day.
Finally: Yes, this might be a bleak season for many people, but I see some hope for a few new series who might reach an 8 on MAL for me.